07 Jan Ten Of The Precious Spiritual Benefits Of Attending the Kumbha Mela
Kumbh Mela Ujjain
The countdown to the Simhastha Kumbh Mela has begun. This largest festival of the celebration of faith witnesses plethora of human engagements and emotions. The ephemeral town constructed especially for devotees to take a dip in the holy waters of one of the rivers; Kshipra, Ganga or Godavari, is a tradition that is going on since more than last two thousand years. This time, the Kumbha Mela has come calling after twelve long years at the pious city of Ujjain. The foreigners get attracted to the festival mainly to get the overwhelming pilgrimage experience by watching the real pilgrims. Let us get enlightened by knowing more about the spiritual benefits one can get by attending the holy festival.
1. Kumbh Mela is the best place and time to get rid of the ego we carry within ourselves regarding appearance, achievements, relationships, etc. It is a place where one can give away all the worldly desires and empty their bodies. It is believed that our body form is “Kumbh” filled with ego, anger and lust and we can empty it at the Kumbha Mela in order to discover our true self.
2. Just the bathing ritual at the Kumbha will not impart an individual salvation. One needs to get into certain spiritual practices in order to experience the divine power. Due to its own astrological significance, it is believed that performing spiritual practices during the Kumbha Mela can benefit a person thousand times more than performing the same practices at any other place and time.
3. The positive aura of the host town of Kumbha Mela transfers its positivity to every human being present there. This in itself is an experience not to be missed.
4. It is believed that during the time of Kumbha, many deities are active around the earth’s orbit and thus our every spiritual practice reaches them in no time and we receive their holy blessings.
5. According to another belief, it is said that the Karma performed during this auspicious period benefits one faster with increased intensity.
6. Due to the effect of movement of pious waves of Apatattva (Absolute water principle), any individual attending the holy festival will experience the detoxification of his mind, body and soul. His/her actions will automatically get converted into good Karma.
Also Read: The Kumbh Mela Experience: What To Expect?
7. The sacred water of the holy rivers are said to be carrying the nectar of immortality that hold the power to wash away all the sins of a human being thereby, helping them to attain “Moksha”
8. It is acknowledged that bathing during the Kumbh Mela is equivalent to performing 1,000 Ashvamedha Yagyas, 100 Vajapeya Yagyas and 1 lakh Pradakshinas around the earth.
9. The grand festival gives a person a golden opportunity to meet some of the greatest saints from all over the world. From Shankaracharyas to naga sadhus, the Kumbha Mela visitors get this chance of being in their company.
10. The holy ritual of “Pitruparna” can be performed during the Kumbha Mela in order to bestow the liberation of the departed ancestral souls.